The Learning Disabilities Association of Sudbury (LDAS) does not endorse any particular program, method, or facility for treating learning disabilities and/or ADHD. It is our mandate to provide information on the range of options available, but LDAS does not evaluate the quality of any services or events that may be listed on the website. The inclusion of any specific material on this website should not be interpreted as endorsement or approval of such material.
LDAS makes every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate, but cannot guarantee that it is error free or complete. The LDAS website contains hyperlinks to other websites, but LDAS is not responsible for the accuracy of contents appearing on these linked websites, and does not endorse the contents of such sites.
All rights in articles on the web site are reserved and remain with their respective authors. Individual internet users are granted permission to make single copies of the information, data, photographs or images contained on the LDAS website for their personal use, but are prohibited from reproducing, displaying or distributing such material for any other purpose, whether or not for profit, without the permission of the original author.
LDAS is committed to protecting your privacy. We understand that our website users need to be in control of their personal information. All data you provide to us when registering for online courses is confidential and will not be sold or shared with a third party. Our policies are designed to provide you with a private and secure means of gaining and using information.
The LDAS Privacy Officer shall be the Executive Director. The Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Privacy Legislation is complied with through the ongoing review of our information systems and procedures.g review of our information systems and procedures.
Definition and Use of Personal Information
(1) “Personal Information” shall have the meaning attributed to such term within the provisions of Part 1 of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5 (“PIPEDA”). LDAS complies with the provisions of PIPEDA and with their own respective privacy policies and procedures with respect to all Personal Information that is collected, used, or disclosed by either Party as a result of this agreement.
1. Accountability LDAS (“The Company”) acknowledges responsibility for the personal and customer information under its control. Internal distribution of the information will be limited to that absolutely necessary for business purposes.
2. Identifying Purpose Individuals and customers will be informed of the purpose at or before the time information is collected.
3. Consent The Company will take reasonable efforts to obtain consent for disclosure of information. When information is provided to a third party to conduct activities on behalf of, or directly associated with, the Company’s business, the Company will require the third party to undertake privacy measures equal or greater than those of the Company.
4. Limiting Collection The Company will limit the procurement of information to that absolutely necessary for its business purposes. The Company will collect information in a fair and legal manner.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention The Company will not use or disclose of personal and customer information for purposes other than those for which it was collected or as required by law, except with consent. The Company will retain information only as long as necessary to fulfill its purpose.
6. Accuracy Personal and customer information will be maintained as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
7. Security Personal and customer information will be protected against loss or theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The degree of protection will be appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Openness The Company will advise individuals and customers of the Company’s privacy management policies and practices.
9. Access Upon written request, an individual or customer will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his/her/its personal information. An individual or customer may challenge the accuracy or completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “Cookies”, text files stored on your computer, which allow analysis of your use of this webpage. The information about your usage of this website generated by this cookie (including your IP address) is transferred to a web server operated by Google in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to analyze your usage of this page, generate reports about activities on this website for the website maintainer and to perform further services related to the use of this website and the Internet. Google will transfer the information to third parties if this is a legal requirement, or if these third parties are involved in processing the data for Google. In no case whatever will Google use your IP address in combination with other data of Google. You can prevent installation of cookies by using appropriate settings in your web browsing software. Please be aware that in this case you might not be able to use all the features of this website to their full extent. By using this website, you agree with the collection and analysis of the data as described and for purposes as declared before.
The Learning Disabilities Association of Sudbury
PO Box 40012, 2015 Long Lake Road,
The Learning Disabilities Association of Sudbury has made every reasonable attempt and effort to eliminate copyright material and we regret if the content or opinions expressed in this product deviate from that intention. Information contained on this website should be construed as being for educational and awareness purposes only. It is a vehicle to stimulate thought about how individuals with learning disabilities, learn differently. We acknowledge that in spite of all duty of care taken in the creation of this website; errors, inaccuracies, and /or omissions may have occurred.